DIAS Open Science Seminar and Related Events
Data repository service and trustworthiness (CoreTrustSeal) in research data management (SIG Repository in Research Data Utilization Forum)
Data repositories for archiving and publishing research data are expected to play important roles for the promotion of open science. Hence the RDUF subcommittee, “Networking of Japanese disciplinary repositories and their stakeholders” aims at establishing a community of Japanese data repositories for sharing information. Moreover, we focus on “CoreTrustSeal,” which is an international certification for trustworthy repositories, and continue discussion about the concept of the certification process and its adoption in Japan. Along with the promotion of Data Management Plan (DMP), we would like to discuss relationship between trustworthiness and research data’s archiving and publication.
- Date: June 19 (Tue), 2018 14:15-15:45
- Venue: Hitotsubashi Hall
- Japan Open Science Summit 2018（JOSS2018）
DIAS Community Forum 2018 Data Producer Session
- Date: March 9 (Friday), 2018, 10:00-12:00
- Venue: Ochanomizu Sola City Conference Center
- Detail: DIAS Community Forum 2018 (in Japanese)
Second DIAS Open Science Seminar
We share practical information about data repository certification such as CoreTrustSeal, which will become an important concept for long-term preservation of research data. This is the first seminar in Japan about CoreTrustSeal.
- Date: December 4 (Monday), 2017, 13:20-18:00
- Venue: National Institute of Polar Research
- Detail: Trustworthy Data Repositories - Forum for Sharing Practical Information about CoreTrustSeal Certification -
First DIAS Open Science Seminar
The purpose of the seminar is introducing the global trend of open science and the current status of DIAS with a special focus on relationship between DIAS and open science in the context of DOI (Digital Object Identifier). Another purpose of the seminar is open sharing of opinions with people in the DIAS communities about the future of DIAS.
- Date: July 31 (Monday), 2017, 12:00-12:45
- Venue: Ito International Research Center, THe University of Tokyo
- Download the presentation (PDF in Japanese)